Thursday, January 12, 2012

Progress--An All Was For An Appil

Have I mentioned that I am a S L O W stitcher?  There are no lighting rods on my needles, no Mercury swiftness.  I think there must be an anvil attached to my needle.  I just keep plodding along and eventually I do finish something.

Today I am rewarding myself with a small Snoopy Dog Happy Dance, singing one stanza of the Alleluia chorus and will play the beginning part of the Pomp and Circumstance.  All this seems pretty dramatic for the photo I am about to share.


I finished the tree!  I'm rationalizing!  The tree is the largest motif in this sampler!  The tree is very significant to the Adam and Eve story and the fall.  The tree means I have crossed the half way mark.  Instead of stitching on the left side of the chart, I have crossed the half way mark and I am now stitching on the right side of the chart.


 Alleluia!  I love the colors in the tree but am ready to start stitching the blue of the clouds.


The clouds on the right side of the chart!  My goal for the upcoming week is to complete the clouds on the right hand side of the chart.


The black outline is the beginning of the clouds on the right hand side of the chart.  There are more clouds on the right side of the sampler than the left.  There are only four colors used in the clouds--very dense, filling stitches.




In case anyone is wondering why I haven't finished stitching the snake.  Well, Grandmother Bessie and I have a morbid, over the top, run for your life, fear of snakes!  The last motif which will be stitched on this sampler is the snake's head.

5 comments:

  1. Sweet progress! It is an almost tedious sampler with allllll that fill in, but it is so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing the tree! The colors in this sampler are gorgeous. You've gotten a lot done and I look forward to seeing your progress. Too funny about the snake! I have a friend who doesn't like to stitch the eyes on sampler snakes.

    I'm a slow stitcher, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic progress. It will be superb when finished and hanging on the wall. Just checking blogger whilst the pie is in the oven, all going ok at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, I love this sampler and I am slow stitcher too ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on finishing the tree.... you need to celebrate each accomplishment on this gorgeous sampler.

    ReplyDelete