Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Home of a Needleworker Thistle Manor Version

When Little House Needleworks released the design Home of a Needleworker, I fell hard for this sampler.  My stitching buddies were surprised.  The reason they were surprised is because of the color palette--I am not a pastel girl, I am a primitive girl.  Anne, a very creative friend, once said to me "make it your own."

So, I decided to make Home of a Needleworker--Thistle Manor version.  I changed the fabric, I changed the colors (all of them).  I bring you Home of a Needleworker.


When my stitching buddies saw the completed sampler they almost did not recognize it.

5 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful and after seeing you needlework is one that should be proudly displayed in your home

    ReplyDelete
  2. so admire folks like you - courageous enough to change fabric and color pallets from the recommended and personalize the stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you made the piece your very own. Great frame too!

    ReplyDelete