Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Jo Morton Country Spice

My friend Cindy says I am a fabric snob.  Cindy says I am like the story of the Princess and the Pea except fabric version.  Civil War reproduction fabric is my favorite fabric--it sings to my heart.  Cindy says "you could lock Betty in a warehouse with hundreds of bolts of fabric and she would find the one and only bolt of Civil War reproduction fabric."  Its the colors and the design which draw my eye to it.

Presenting Jo Morton's Country Spice (minus the binding).  Today I picked up the quilt from the long arm quilter.  She did a fabulous job.  I spent several hours drawing out the quilting design for her.


Here is the quilting on the top



And quilting on the back


The quilting is so nice it could be a reversible quilt.  The colors in this quilt just say fall.  Will be the perfect quilt to use with Midnight Watch--the sampler and the hooked rug.  Now to get that binding sewn on and start working on the rug.


Yes, this makes me even more motivated to start the Jo Morton Little Women quilts on January 21st!

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful! I love Civil War era repro fabrics too and I understand your passion.

    ReplyDelete