Going to garden centers is fun! Going to garden centers is dangerous for the wallet. AppleJack says I can do some serious shopping at the garden center. I have a good relationship with the garden center and in January when the catalogues start arriving, I start making the gardening list. It is so much cheaper, time saving, and easier on the back to ask the garden center to order perennials, ground covers, herbs and pick up at one time in one location.
2012 Plans for Next Year at Thistle Manor
- Ground cover--full sun, will need at least two trays,
- Tansy--invasive. Remember to plant to contain or else. .
- Russian sage
- Blue Flax--this is a wonderful plant. Blue Flax can eventually become linen
- Creeping soapwort--makes a wonderful ground cover and smells so good
- Ferns--especially Cinnamon fern
- Hosta??? Do I have enough shade?
- Amaranth--such a hardy annual
- Plan more bulbs--they are so pretty to look at in the spring
- Grandmother Bessie type annuals--Maids, marigolds,