Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Jo Morton Homework (Miss Rosie/Aunt Maude)

It has been awhile since I have had homework!  I found my big girl britches, got over my fear, asked for help and started working on the first Jo Morton Little Women quilt.  First things first.  I took the class to learn, to improve, to have a completed quilt.  The class and quilt shop has fully met my expectations.  I have already learned many things (and this is just the first class).  The most important thing I have learned is how much I have to learn.  Is there a remedial class for quilters?  I think this is where I should have started.

Here is some more earth shaking news.  The name of the class is Jo Morton Little Women.  This means miniatures,  The quilts are miniatures!  The key word is Little Women.  I have never made a miniature!  This means small, really small pieces.  The finished size is 18 1/2" x 20 1/2"

So here is my first attempt.


Jo Morton calls this quilt Miss Rosie.  Pink was the predominate color used in her miniature.  I am not a pink girl.  Not sure if there is any pink in my quilt.  Am open for name suggestions.   I'm thinking Aunt Maude--she was one of AppleJack's dear Aunts.

Taking my homework for evaluation is going to be interesting, very interesting.  Hope there is not to much rework in my future.

A side benefit to the class, I sorted my fabric inventory and have pulled all my Jo Morton fabric together to use in the next class.  Please somebody, anybody tell me the second class and quilt is going to be easier.

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I love how your quilt came out! The small pieces would freak me out, but I bet it makes for learning precision in piecing. I love your piles of fabric, especially that pile on the bottom right -- yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are enjoying your class. Your first mini quilt looks wonderful. I'm glad you chose your own colors rather than matching the pattern colors. Of course it's going to get easier as you go along. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is beautiful!! I think Aunt Maude sounds like a great name. My daughter and I are working on her first quilt and I've had to show her a few of my first quilts so she knows that yes, she will improve. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your quilt, the colors are wonderful! Aunt Maude sounds like a great name!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh there are an awful lots of little pieces to make this quilt. You must have endless patience to have sewn them all together. Are you using a machine or by hand?

    ReplyDelete