Saturday, February 11, 2012

Forever and Ever, Amen

Valentine's Day is Tuesday and it is past time for me to share some of AppleJack's Valentines.


Forever and Ever is an Itty Bitty design released by Ruth Sparrow (Twisted Threads).  This is all over one stitching and I have a love/strongly dislike for one over one stitching.  I love the finished product!  When I am stitching one over one it takes me awhile to find my rhythm.  Once I find my rhythm I am okay.  Several years ago, someone shared a few secrets about stitching one over one and the secrets have helped.  I have also been told the needle makes a big difference.  Can anyone share some thoughts about the kind of needle to use when stitching over one?



The second Valentine is Affinity Pinkeep Sampler by primitivebettys which she released in 2008.  I found a small piece of scrap linen which had a pink hue and thought it would be perfect for Valentine's Day.



In 1987, the year AppleJack and I married,  Randy Travis released a song called Forever and Ever, amen.  This song seems so appropriate for Valentine's Day.  Here are the lyrics.

I'm gonna love you forever
Forever and ever, amen
As long as old men sit and talk about the weather
As long as old women sit and talk about old men
If you wonder how long I'll be faithful
I'll be happy to tell you again
I'm gonna love you
Forever and ever
Forever and ever, amen

Now back to AppleJack's 2012 Valentine

3 comments:

  1. Awww, so sweet! I just use my stand by needle for over one. John James 28 petites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both pieces are sweet. I use John James 28 petites for all my stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too use John James 28 needle. Applejack will love your valentine gifts.

    ReplyDelete