For instance, this past week I was reading blogs and came across a new to me blog called Sweetpea Samplings. Laura had started a new sampler and in her photographs of her newly started sampler were these scissors. The scissors really caught my attention. I wrote to Laura and asked about the scissors. Laura quickly responded and told me about the scissors and shared with me that I could find the scissors at Anita's Little Stitches. Be still my beating heart, scissors, scissors, and more scissors and other great stuff.
A couple of days afterwards, I received an email from Laura about the Liebster Award. The Liebster Award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers and has these guidelines:
- Thank my friend that awarded me and then link back to her
- Post the award on my blog
- Pass the blog award to five other bloggers
- List the bloggers I pass the Liebster on to with their links and let them know by commenting on their blog
- Share five random facts about myself that people do not know about me
I am a late bloomer blogger, say that three times. Blogging, like needlework has connected me to kindred spirits. Bloggers like needleworkers share, laugh, cry, shop and eat delicious food. So. . . in case you didn't already know more about me than you ever wanted to know, here are five more things.
- I learned to drive when I was seven years old on a McCormick Farmall H model tractor
- Hiking the Appalachian Trail is on my bucket list
- Pearl earrings are my favorite piece of jewelry
- I am a serious History student and spend hours in the State Archives reading documents
- While cutting quilt pieces, I "trimmed" my fingernails with a rotary cutter. Learned a new meaning for the term "pay attention." No harm, but interesting cut.