Thursday, March 22, 2012

Jo Morton Seeing Stars

There are four types of learners:  visual, auditory, read-write, and kinesthetic. Visual learners are impatient and often interrupt, they learn by seeing.  Yes, that's me, I have never been known for my patience and I often interrupt and I can visualize the problem.

When I am quilting the most intimidating block is always the first one.  The first block is my learning block.  This block takes me the longest to complete and has the most mistakes.  Once I get the first block under my belt and on the drawing board, the rest are down hill.

Today, I started the second Jo Morton quilt--it is an Ohio star set on the diagonal.  I have many blue fabrics in my stash including my newly acquired Blackbird blueberry crumb cake and I have not fully decided on the color.  The quilt is either going to be all blue stars or a combination of blue and red stars.  The setting color is up for debate.  My teacher has suggested taking the completed stars to the quilt shop and auditioning fabrics.  I like this idea.

Here is Ohio Star block #1--eleven more to go.


The star is setting on my latest tip--a foam core board covered with batting.  To date this is my favorite tip.

Here is another look at the teachers quilt



Making more stars is on my agenda.

2 comments:

  1. I think I'm a visual learner too. :D Love your first star - very nice! Fun to see the teacher's quilt so far too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I need some of those Blueberry Crumb fabrics. I'm defnitely a visual learner. I remember, after making several quilts, having to call my mother and ask her what "put right sides together" on a sewing pattern meant. LOL I just could not figure it out from reading it. LOL

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete