Sunday, March 18, 2012

Jo Morton Class #3

Yesterday was the third Jo Morton Little Women Club quilt class.  It's show and tell time.  Here are some of the completed  beauties quilts.

This is Miss Rosie, I believe this is the teacher's quilt.

The lady who made this quilt fussy cut the borders and sashings.

Check out her label, isn't it cool?

This is the back of Carmen's quilt.  She turned a mistake into part of her backing.  Very clever and resourceful!


Several of the quilters in the class really enjoy appliqué.  One lady made both of these.  Just for the record, she had Yankee Doodle completed at the second class.

This is also the teachers quilt.  Aren't those Jo Morton fabric's beautiful?

This is our next quilt--an Ohio Star set on the diagonal.  I am anxious to get started!

Of course, I bought more fabric, mostly shirtings.  Two of my favorite quilting tips are color sheets and foam core. Am I the last quilter to learn about color sheets?  They are used in the wash cycle to absorb color.  I will definitely be using color sheets the first time I wash the red and white Christmas stars quilt.  The foam core covered with batting is a great way to lay out the blocks of the quilt, it assists with design and placement of blocks.   Miss Callie Mae is loving all the quilt activity--she has a discerning eye for fabrics!

Let the cutting, sewing and pressing begin!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love seeing all the quilts!! So pretty! Color sheets are a great invention, right? I wish I had space for a design wall but I don't. :( Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete