Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Whoops! I forgot the stitched boxes

These are some of my favorite pieces!  Great for storing smalls, embellishments, and buttons.
I also use them for fall and primitive decorating.
  

The smaller box is a design from The Goode Huswife called Pennsylvania Quilt, it is stitched over one.


                                             The larger box was a freebie from Carriage House.



This is a Blackbird Design from one of the Loose Feathers--Secret Garden, Necessity Box.


The boxes are from Hobby Lobby and start out looking like this.  It is amazing what milk paint, sandpaper, elbow grease, and shoe polish will do to a box.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this box?  I was thinking of a Carriage House design called Penny Rug, a second option is Overshot Heart by Barrick Sampler and a third option is Blackbird Designs Loose Feathers Partridge Sewing Box



2 comments:

  1. I love your collection of boxes! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your boxes. I would love to see a tutorial on how you transform your Hobby Lobby boxes as I would like to have a go myself.

    ReplyDelete