Thursday, April 5, 2012

Making Progress

The Blackbird Crowning the Tree stocking is finished and ready for the backing.  Whoo Hoo!  Two Christmas ornaments down and ten to go, but who is counting?

The stocking is stitched on 30 ct Dark Chino by R & R.  The fibers are Calico Kitty and Fool's Gold by Crescent Colors and Avocado, Endive, Heirloom Gold and Piney Woods by Gentle Arts.


I started The Goode Huswife Primitive Merry Christmas last night.  Am using some 36 ct mystery linen from my stash and Antique Gold, Dark silk by Gloriana.  This is a very simple design and I have started thinking about my next project which is either going to be the Needles pin keep by Blackbird Design or the  Partridge Sewing Box from Loose Feathers Summer part 1 of 3 released in 2011.


Machine quilting on the Jo Morton Ohio Star quilt has begun.  Hopefully, I will be able to get the machine quilting finished and begin on the binding.  I am determined to have this quilt completed before the next class.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work, all of it. Wow, I'm so impressed that you're machine quilting! I can't imagine being able to do that. lol!

    ReplyDelete