Sunday, August 19, 2012

Jo Morton Framed

Jo Morton Little Women Club #11 Framed

This is September's quilt.  It is tiny!  One of the completed nine patch blocks is 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 inches.  The cheddar setting fabric for this quilt is a nice addition.  This is the teachers work in progress and she is auditioning fabric for the borders.  She is thinking of using the sunflower fabric for the outer border.  

Here is what Jo writes about Framed:
I just adore these mini Nine Patches.  They make such sweet projects, and all your friends will be impressed with your results.  I've made several quilts with the mini Nine Patch blocks over the years, some things you just don't get tired of.

An alternative bonus project to framed is called Glimmer.  Glimmer is also a nine patch quilt.  (The nine patches are sewn together--there is no setting fabric).

Framed is one of my favorite quilts.  However, looking into my crystal ball, my friends are going to be impressed with larger, bigger nine patches; 1 1/2 by 1 1/2 is not in my immediate future.

1 comment:

  1. So pretty! I can't imagine making blocks that tiny. Tell your teacher that fabric for the border is nice!

    ReplyDelete