After eight days of triple digit heat, eight days of rain and thunder showers, Next Year is looking worse for wear. Receiving rain was a blessing and the rain is non discriminating: it provides moisture for trees, shrubs, flowers and weeds! Some gardening observations:
- Fall begins September 22--which means there is nine more weeks of summer. Mother Nature what's on your agenda?
- I raked leaves today. The dogwood tree and other trees have been so stressed from the heat and lack of moisture they had started to drop their leaves.
- The day lilies are making a come back--they are tough as nails which is one reason I love them.
- Cutting the grass after a heavy rain takes more time than a normal cutting.
- The lavender will most likely have to be replaced.
The photo above is from M's house. They were part of the table decorations for the wedding, aren't they lovely?
More table setting flowers from the wedding.
Our rain barrel--refilled from the recent rains!