Friday, September 13, 2013

Enhancing my Stash or Great Finds at St Charles Market


I love needlework markets--Nashville in the late winter/early spring and St. Charles in the late summer/early fall.  The designs, the linens, the fibers, the accessories--it's all so good except for the dent in my wallet.  I am a sucker for a sampler and with a name like A Sampler Grows what's not to love.  I went digging in my stash and found this great length of wide rick rack.


The Remember Me Sampler, such a sweet little sampler.  I found some "aging" spray while looking for the rick rack.


Yes!  Pat and Ann from R & R had 36 count 18 century brown linen.  AppleJack raised his eyebrow and asked, "you need more linen?"  Yes, AppleJack, it's 18 century brown linen--perfect for samplers.


Bzzzz, the bees are coming!  Am so looking forward to starting these pieces from Nan at Threadwork Primitives.  More stash dividing, I found a scrap piece of Birds of a Feather linen left over from a sampler.  Gosh I love this linen.  Come back Birds of a Feather linen!  Found this fabric several years ago and knew someday I would use it on just the right project.  The design on the yellow fabric is bees buzzing, the brown fabric is like a honeycomb, can't wait to start these projects and let Betty the finisher work her major on finishing them.

Am awaiting the arrival of more goods from the St. Charles Market.  Tomorrow is one of the areas first fall quilt shows.  Today was the perfect fall day--cool temps, crispness in the air, leaves are beginning to change.  So fun to take a stroll through the quilts on a perfect fall day!

4 comments:

  1. Love your new stash! Great choices! And a quilt show too -- Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous choices! Silly man, a proper lady always needs more linen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who doesn't need more linen? Every stitcher does, lol.
    Great new stash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous new stash!! I love your choice of projects.
    Thanks for sharing the quilt photos too.

    ReplyDelete