Monday, March 18, 2013

Celebrating International Quilting Day


This past Saturday, March 16, was International Quilting Day!  To celebrate the day, I took a trip to a couple of the local quilt shops.  A 40%  discount sale on fabric was a good motivator.  The brown fabric is from the Cocheco Mills Collection (Judy Rothermel for Marcus Fabrics) and the blue fabric is Charlotte by Sara Morgan for Blue Hill.  I am drawn to the darker fabrics and I never seem to have lights--hopefully the bundle of fat quarter shirtings will help with that dilemma.


Waiting for me at the Quilt Shop was Pottery Shards 



and Flying Geese.  The long armed quilter had worked her magic.  Both quilts are now ready for binding.


Work continues on the bow tie quilt, progress is being made,  There are many, many bow ties in this quilt.

WHM  FARMER FANCY 31900-2

While I was at the second quilt shop, I found this fabric called Farmer Fancy by Windham.  While this fabric line is new to me, I believe Windham released it several years ago.  The Farmer Fancy line is based on American coverlets and there are twenty-five different prints.  Being a huge cat lover and lover of American coverlets this fabric is under consideration for the backing on the bow tie quilt.  I'm thinking using this fabric as the backing might make the quilt reversible.  Whew!  All that red is a bit scary when I think about washing.  Sure glad the ladies at the quilt shop shared Shout's Color Catcher with me. 

3 comments:

  1. Ah, such eye candy!! Love your Pottery Shards! Your quilts are just so pretty! Nice new stash too. I love the coverlet fabric so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All very pretty!! The coverlet fabric ~ love!!

    ReplyDelete