Saturday, September 1, 2012

Good News, Bad News at Thistle Manor



Applejack and I often have good news, bad news conversations, they go something like this:


  1.  Good news:  it's a three day weekend.  Bad news:  I have a 30 day to do list.
  2.  Good news:  Fall officially starts in 21 days.  No bad news on this one, because we love fall at Thistle Manor
  3. Good news:  we have a new vacuum cleaner.  Bad news:  the dust bunnies are holding it hostage.
  4. Good news:  I carried three quilt tops to the long arm quilter today.  Bad news:  I have half a dozen (or more) waiting to be quilted.
  5. Good news:  While at the long arm quilters, I found Civil War Reproduction on sale for half price.  Bad news:  I'm suppose to be reducing my stash.
  6. Good news:  I finished another row of the alphabet on the Birds of a Feather sampler.  Bad news:  I have two more rows to stitch.
  7. Good news:  We took a loooong walk at Radnor Lake this morning.  It was peaceful and beautiful.  Bad news:  I wore the wrong walking shoes and got a blister on my heel.
  8. Good news:  I discovered a new bakery in our neighborhood, they have red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.  Bad news:  I'm suppose to be on a diet.
  9. Good news:  There is rain in the forecast.  Bad news:  The rain does not discriminate and nourishes the weeds as well as the flowers.
  10. Good news:  Callie Mae got a new scratching post and she loves it.  Again, no bad news, if Callie Mae is happy we are happy.

What's your good news, bad news?

4 comments:

  1. Good news out weights the bad and I really think the 50% off fabric has no bad associated with it. Sale on repro fabric is good any way you look at it. Thanks for the post the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this! I think we should start making a list. I tried to cross out #2 but I couldn't. A new bakery and new scratching post - what more could you want?

    ReplyDelete