Thursday, September 27, 2012

LNS

One of the items on my errand list for today was a trip to my LNS to drop off the Birds of a Feather Alphabet Sampler for framing.  I am a lucky girl!  My framer is awesome!  She has a wonderful eye and always helps me select "just the right frame."  Looking forward to receiving a telephone call from her saying the piece is ready for pick up and thank goodness she is much faster at framing than I am at stitching. 

Summer's Last Rose
Blackbird Designs

While I was at the LNS, I picked up the latest Blackbird Designs releases.  Those clever Blackbird girls have made this piece into a thread basket.  There is also a design for a pinkeep in the booklet called My Home which is calling to me. 



I have never stitched a Christmas sampler.  However, since I just completed a fall sampler, it seems only fitting to have a Christmas sampler.


And last but certainly not least is a Little House ornament.  I am not crazy about the words on the ornament and might do some tweaking. 

While I was at the needlework shop a dear friend and stitcher came into the shop.  She has been living in Scotland for the past several years and has returned to the states "because I want to be a hands on auntie to my nieces and nephews."  I will miss hearing about her adventures in Scotland and will cherish our time spent together stitching and knitting. 

4 comments:

  1. Nice! Sounds like a nice trip, and nice that you ran into your friend too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All great designs but I especially love that basket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new stash! The BBD pieces always get me. I wasn't into stitching Christmas samplers for a long time but as the kids have gotten older I find that I don't want to keep out a ton of stuff and just want things simpler. I'd love to have more samplers to put out. Congrats on the autumn sampler finish, too!

    ReplyDelete