Sunday, March 1, 2015

Thinking Spring



In spite of the weather (ice and snow) freezing temps, piles of laundry, and wet boots at the front door, I am turning my thoughts from winter to spring.




Daylight Savings Time begins on March 8 and I am ready to spring forward into longer day light hours.


March 20 is the first official day of spring. I am ready for seeing blooming daffodils and birds building nests, green grass, and digging in the dirt.


To help drive the winter blahs away, I treated myself to fresh flowers from the garden center.


Spring will soon be here and I will turn my thoughts from snow and ice and cold temps to visits to the garden center and planting flowers and fretting about the rabbits eating my flowers.

David Bates, owner of the garden center reminded me next weekend is The Lawn and Garden Show--a great way to see and experience spring!


7 comments:

  1. Tulips always say "spring" even when a look outside says it is still winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope spring comes your way very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your thoughts. I'm going to treat myself to some flowers this week as well. Love all of your projects. I've made the pussy willow one too. Super sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many wonderful projects/treasures for spring!
    Hoping spring is truly around the corner!!!
    Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. March 20 is my baby's birthday, which is why he is my spring baby. :D I'm trying to think of spring too, but it's tough when all you see is the snow coming down outside. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your post definitely put me in a spring mood!! I so love all of your spring-themed finishes :)

    ReplyDelete