Monday, August 18, 2014

Birdy Stitching Roll


La D Da 
Birdy Stitching Roll
30 count  Weeks Dye Works Cocoa
NPI Silks
Between canning green beans, tomato juice, downpours, cutting the grass, deadheading flowers, pulling weeds, nursing a kitty with an upset tummy, cleaning out kitchen drawers and just the everyday run of the mill things, I have been stitching on the Birdy Stitching Roll by La D Da. Yes, I also spent a fair amount of time searching for sneak peeks of new designs coming from the St. Charles needlework market.

The stitching roll is a fun stitch and is working up nicely--30 ct linen and NPI silks--two of my favorite things.  Fingers crossed to get it completed before the next Colonial Gathering shipment. I am stitching my Great Aunt Maggie's name into this piece. (Maggie was Grandmother Bessie's oldest sister--the oldest sister of the five Shults sisters.)  Grandmother Bessie and Aunt Maggie shared many things including the death of their Mother and two sisters, Kittie and Bonnie at early ages. During the challenging times in their lives, Maggie and Bessie learned to rely on each other.


When I am in the homestretch of completing a project, I start thinking ahead to the next piece/project.  Grandmother Bessie had blue eyes and while I was digging through my linen stash I found some R & R overdyed linen called Hog Wild Blue.  Also in my stash was some great backing fabric which complimented both the linen color and fiber colors.  (The backing fabric is by Andover and I think it is from one of Jo Morton's line of fabrics).  Fingers crossed I can complete Grandmother Bessie's needleroll before the next shipment of Colonial Gatherings arrives.



5 comments:

  1. I am sure your Grandmother Bessie would love being honored in your needlework! The Birdy Roll is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do not ever have time to do nothing, do you? Always in the middle of doing something! Time to think of Grandmother Bessie. Great plan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely projects! You've inspired me to get some stitching out this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. So different! Bessie Blue Eyes fabrics are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty I always love reading your inspiration and sentiments about family members to be remembered and immortalized in your stitching. I can tell you are a sweet soul. Love your latest finish, hope you find many treasures from the market. Mel

    ReplyDelete