Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Hurt Not the Earth





Colonial Gatherings 2015
Kit #1
Hurt Not the Earth
designed by Paulette Stewart, Plum Street Samplers
36 count Expresso by R & R Reproductions Linen
Crescent Colors Fibers 


The day the blizzard of 2015 hit the north east, the postman delivered the first Colonial Gatherings kit for 2015:  Hurt Not the Earth.

I put aside the ornament I was stitching and immediately loaded my needle with Barn Door Red and started stitching the flowers.  The fiber colors and linen are a dream to stitch.  With it being Super Bowl weekend I had lots of stitch chair time--Miss Callie Mae was not interested in watching the game and I had the stitch chair all to myself. 



The design is two pages and I am nearing the completion of page one-minus the words.  Page two is three more flowers and the house.  The blue door on the house is awesome. 
The snow and ice have gone north and missed Music City, the wind and colder temps reminds everyone it is still winter.  It's a great time of the year to stay inside, warm yourself with hot chocolate and STITCH.

11 comments:

  1. Oh, I like that one--looking forward to seeing yours all finished up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers are so pretty! Great superbowl stitching:) Love the design and looking forward to seeing your progress! Oh hot cocoa sounds good! love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pattern is a super nice way to start the year off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty pattern! Love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. I'm not sure I could stitch on linen any more. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had my stitching .....wishing someone would come by with the hot chocolate.

    Hurt Not the Earth is beautiful and a wonderful sentiment. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sound slike the perfect snow and cold day activity to me... it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this design so much! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your work but this sentiment is a loveley one; thanks for sharing it. I always say snow days are sew days (yes corny I know).

    ReplyDelete