Thursday, October 16, 2014

Coverlet Candle Mat--Colonial Gatherings Kit#4

The Scarlet House
Colonial Gatherings Club Kit #4
Coverlet Candle Mat
35 ct. Alabaster Linen by R & R Reproductions
Gentle Arts--Country Redwood, Harvest Basket and Wrought Iron


This is my favorite one!  Do I say this about all of the Colonial Gatherings Club projects?  In addition to a great design, lovely colors and great linen finishing the coverlet into a candle mat is a great idea.

I wasn't super excited about the backing fabric, so I went digging into my wool stash and found a piece of recycled Goodwill wool more to my liking.  The pearl cotton will work well for the blanket stitch joining the coverlet piece with the wool backing.  I'm nearing the finish line on this one--hope to have it finished to share at the next Homespun Gathering.

On a side note, while reading FB and blogs the master minds behind the Colonial Gatherings Club (Paulette, Plum Street Samplers and Ann and Pat, R & R Reproductions/Dying to Stitch) are at the Shepherds Bush retreat in Utah.  I sure hope they are giving their creative juices free rein and brain storming ideas for Colonial Gatherings Club 2015.  My first participation in a club and it has been a wonderful experience.

AppleJack and I have a road trip planned for Saturday.  The Old Mercantile called and my fiber cabinet is ready for pickup!  Will be so nice to organize and have all my fibers in one place.

5 comments:

  1. This looks just like a coverlet. Wonderful stitching! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love coverlets!! That mat is going to be so pretty !! Have a fun road trip. I hope the Fall weather will be just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love it! Your stitching is beautiful!
    Have a great trip!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so pretty and I love your idea of hunting down fabrics at Goodwill :)

    ReplyDelete