Sunday, March 18, 2018

Stitch Time

Heartstring Samplery--His Eye is on the Sparrow

Yesterday was Gathering time for the Homespun gang.  This is Judy's HEIOTS.  Her finger is marking the half way point.  It is beautiful and she is making great progress.  Judy and I have become each other's accountability partner.  At the next gathering, Judy hopes to have this sampler completed and I hope to have Emma Lerch completed.  

Delilah was working on her Blackberry Primitives BOM piece, Settler's Pride (a Maggie Bonanomi design).  Maggie has such a way with colors and wool.  Is everyone as anxious for the postman to deliver Maggie's book, Pure and Simple as I am?

Another BOM piece from Blackberry Primitives.  Linda has beautifully sewn all the blocks and has begun setting the blocks.

A couple of Linda's latest strawberries.

Strawberries with a patriotic them and Linda has graciously offered to give us strawberry finishing lessons.

I'm still stitching on the Rose Garden Basket by Stacy Nash.  Thank goodness my stitching sisters were there to help me with finishing tips.

There were many more completed pieces and works in process,  I was to busy talking, eating and stitching to get good photos.  Good food, beautiful needlework, plans in progress--it doesn't get any better.


8 comments:

  1. What a super post to read! I enjoyed seeing what your stitching sisters were working on. Lovely pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness what a fun post, Judy's Sampler is amazing, Delilah piece looks very interesting, I have to look this up.
    Linda's Blocks are beautiful, I love her Irish strawberries, the Patriotic strawberries are beautiful.
    Your Rose Garden is very pretty, keep us posted on the progress.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing group of very talented stitching sisters. I am in awe of each every treat that you shared. I am looking forward to watching "Rose Garden" grow.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never saw Delilah's work, so I'm thrilled you got a picture of it. I think my wool allergy is saving me from seriously considering yet one more craft, but OH how I love wool and sheep.

    Seeing all Linda's strawberries made me realize I really need to get going on mine. Honey Berry won't be stitching herself no matter how sweet she is. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful work....you are so tempting me to cross stitch instead of quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun to see all the beautiful work being done at your gethering. I do love those wool applique pieces. Everything is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Each project spoke to me. What an inspiring group this must be.
    I am really taken with the concept of the strawberries. How large (small) are they?
    Do I see a bit of peacock feather on the tip of one just barely showing in the "patriotic" photo?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful and inspiring work. It's very special to have friends so talented.

    ReplyDelete