Saturday, June 17, 2023

Lady of the Lake

 

                                                                 Lady of the Lake

                                                   54” wide  x 73” long without border     

One of my 2023 stitching goals has been to finish big projects.  For me a big project is one which is large in size, $$$ investment, time needed to complete or the space it occupies in my craft room.  Lady of the Lake has been a WIP for a long time (more than three years).


If you like making HST’s (half square triangles), this is the quilt for you.  With the exception of the wide border, the entire quilt is HST’s.  If you do not like making HST’s, this is not the quilt for you.  There are a total of 781 HST’s in this quilt.



In her book,  Remembrabces’, Jo Morton has included this quilt and calls it Peaceful Time.  Jo did not make HST’s for the right side of the quilt or the bottom.  She was either in a deadline to have the quilt finished for a market or she got tired of making HST’s.    I wanted my quilt to be symmetrical and made HST’s for both sides of the quilt and top and bottom.  The wide border was added to give the quilt a drop and to use up fabric in my stash.  Gulp, I purchased the border fabric several, several years ago.  Note to self:  stop saving fabric for that special project.  


It’s a great feeling to finally have Lady of the Lake pieced, now to get an appointment with the long armed quilter and call her a quilt.  




6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt! Love all of the colors you chose too. I know you must feel proud to finally finish this. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous! Love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lady of the Lake is stunning! And kudos to you for finishing it up. I have way too many UFO's around here. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous quilt! Well done on getting it finished up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWZA!!! Great finish...and it has to feel wonderful to have her done ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lady is a beautiful quilt! I've often look at Jo's pattern and thought of making one, maybe someday. I like your quilt better since it's symmetrical. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete