Thursday, December 19, 2019

Sarah's House


Sarah's House by Blackbird Designs
Released in 2012 (she's still available) 
Lakeside Linen 36 count Butter Pecan
NPI Silks



This sampler has been in my stash a good long time.  She was calling to me.  I love the wonky border.    The Blackbird girls reproduced Sarah from a sampler in their collection.  In looking at a photograph of the original sampler,  the letters were stitched in eyelets.  I thought the eyelets would add interest and am also stitching the alphabet with eyelets.  Either because of spacing or Sarah got tired of eyelets she only stitched 12 letters of the alphabet using eyelet.

Am hoping to finish Sarah during my Christmas break and debut her at the January stitch-in's.

6 comments:

  1. You have a good beginning. I bought that one not to long ago. Maybe I will get to it this year. It looks like a delightful stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've been away a long time Ms Betty! glad to see a post and love your Sarah. Hope you get her done in time for you January meet up. Merry Chrristmas to you and AppleJack. Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very interested to see the way this finishes up. After my recent visit to Shepherd's Bush, I kind of got an itch to cross-stitch again, but I am trying to control the urge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. Haven't seen this sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this design, I do not remember seeing this design before, I am looking forward to seeing the finished piece.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's beautiful! Hope the stitching is going well!

    ReplyDelete