Friday, December 27, 2019

Santa Delivers

Have I shared with you AppleJack Santa is the best guy ever?  Well he is!  I have admired this sampler for the longest. Jeannie at Country Sampler in Spring Green, WI has a great eye for color and her "dull it down" style is also my style.

This is also from County Sampler, it is a kit from the ABC Schoolgirl Needlework Club 2019.  From time to time, Jeannie has leftover or unclaimed club kits which she makes available.  I love the way this sampler has been made into a needle roll.  Again, love the "dull it down" colors.

One of my favorite fibers is Gloriana and one of my favorite colors is Schoolhouse Red.  Laura, the Serial Starter says everyone should have a red sampler in their sewing basket--it's the law!  I agree.  On those days when my brain is tired, stitching a simple sampler with one color is very relaxing.



Thank you AppleJack Santa for the wonderful gifts!  You sure know how to make this girls heart happy!

6 comments:

  1. What beautiful projects Santa brought you! I like that monochrome sampler you received.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have been a very good lady this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful designs, the threads are such beautiful colors.
    I look forward to seeing your progress.

    Happy New Year
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love every one of your new toys! I'm not familiar with the redwork one but you're right - it's the law and my recent acquisition to make me legal is Louisa Coulemore - thankfully re-released since I REFUSED to get any more huge Bristol samplers. I love that Jane Stanwix and have admired several stitching her. I might have to give in on that one too but I'm carrying way too much weight into the new decade so I'm trying to restrain ordering on every whim. Hope you have a happy new year and many perfect days to enjoy in the new decade - Mel

    ReplyDelete