Saturday, July 13, 2019

Juliana/Julia Ann

Julia Ann Fletcher 1847
The Scarlett House/Tanya Brockmeyer
Released at Nashville Needlemarket Market March 2019
stitched on 40 ct Old Massachusetts linen by The Primitive Hare
AVAS 4531(lamb) Needlepoint Ink Silk 209 (dress) and 877 (white in dress) the black is Gloriana India ink


This is the Julia's needle roll--love the repeating letters.  

The black fabric is for backing, the red check fabric is for the needles and she will be tied together with the ribbon.

When Julia, the pinkeep and Julia the needle roll are FFO'd they will live in this Robert LeHays Shaker carrier.

A little history about the two Julia's.  Juliana Steinz Shultz was my fifth great Grandmother.  She married Johan Martin Shultz at Christ Luther Church in Lancaster Pennsylvania. Julia Ann Shults was Martin and Juliana's youngest daughter.  The family moved from Pennsylvania to North Carolina to the western territory of North Carolina (which would become Tennessee).  

Julia Ann married Richard Regan in 1796.  Timothy, Mary Ann, Elizabeth, Daniel, Jane, Aaron, Nancy and David are their children who survived to adult hood.  They had three children who died in infancy.  They lived and are buried in Emert's Cove, Sevier County Tennessee.

Thank you Tanya for a great design and inspiration to stitch more of my family history.


7 comments:

  1. I love the way you adapt your stitching to family history. I have done just a bit of that. Julia is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the needlework being connected to your family history. Hubby and I just spent a weekend at a Scottish Festival celebrating my Scottish heritage.
    I have ancestors on both my Mother's and my Father's side that lived in Tennessee. I know Dad's were in Coffee County. I'll have to look up and see where specifically my Mom's were.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love your family's Tenn. ties. I know Regan is a big name in that area and probably considered founders along with Ogle and Sevier etc. I love your project - I have the chart but never got the shaker box. Let me finish it and getting the box will be my reward! Soon we'll be off to that area. Hope it will at least be somewhat cooler. Hope summer is good for you ! mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely project! And I see you're continuing the red theme too. So fun to make a connection to your family history too. You're so lucky to know so much about your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Betty, they are going to be beautiful. Looking forward to the FFOs. I love how needlework ties us to our past—ours or other’s. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always enjoy your blog posts and look forward to your next project.

    ReplyDelete