Sunday, June 30, 2019

Seeing Red



Red, one of my favorite colors and so challenging and frustrating.  There are orange/reds, pink/reds, blue/reds and green/reds.  My favorite red is fire engine red.


Two of favorite reds is Lancaster Red and School House Red.


The Blackbird Girls pulled out all (maybe not all, but several) their reds when they designed the sampler stockings.  


I'm ready to start stitching Christmas in July and my selection is the next Blackbird sampler stocking from their book Home for the Holidays.  



Aztec Red linen and French General fabric--hard to go wrong with these two.


Yes, French General fabric is some of my favorite, they know how to do red and I know how to hoard their fabric.


One of my favorite biscornu's, an oldie but goodie (I think this is a Chessie and Me)


Volunteer Red Daylily!  


 red bow tie quilt


dishes


wool applique

Red--I love you, forever on the quest for the perfect red.



6 comments:

  1. Oh how I love me some reds...but yes, the dilemmas it presents LOL. I am so proud to decide on a red...only to second guess or have my “red remorse” after it’s too late to change gears. I really love the variety of reds in that stocking. So striking! I actually picked up my needle and floss again leaving my newly started hooking project mid stream and it is a redwork piece too. Hopefully I will be able to get a blog post together soon and share it. Happy July! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love Red threads and anything red.
    You have chosen a beauty to stitch.
    The Biscornu is beautiful.
    This is a lovely post.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a red lover too. I like Lancaster red too and 3777 I believe plus either 355 0r 356. I use these quite a bit. I think that means I tend toward a barn red. I enjoyed seeing all your red things! My kitchen cabinets are painted barn red!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your red post. Are you familiar with the old Hand-Dyed Fibers (silks by Vikki Clayton)? She dyed a series (I think there were 6-7) of what she called Perfect Red. I look forward to seeing your stocking stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun trip through a collection of your reds. So much to love.
    I wish a pretty red daylily like that would volunteer in my yard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please where is the red printed shoe from ?
    It is so adorable!!!!
    Karin :)
    in NY

    ReplyDelete