Saturday is Gathering Day with the Homespun group and it's time for me to find a delicious, tasty recipe. A few weeks ago, one of our dear friends invited us for Sunday lunch and she served Poppy Seed Chicken--it was delicious! She kindly shared her recipe.
Poppy Seed Chicken
5 cups chicken breasts, cooked and shredded or cubed
1 cup sour cream
2 (14.5 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
2 cups crushed Ritz crackers (about 1 1/2 rolls of crackers)
1/2 cup melted butter
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Boil raw chicken breasts with salt and pepper until done. Let chicken cool slightly and shred or cut into cubes. Place chicken in a 9 x 13 casserole dish
- Stir together the condensed soup and sour cream. Pour over the chicken
- In a separate bowl, stir together the crushed crackers and melted butter. Sprinkle over the chicken and sauce. Sprinkle the poppy seeds on top
- Bake for 20-30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top of the casserole is browned and the sauce is bubbly.
Hope the stitch girls enjoy