Jo's Little Favorites
Nine Patch Doll Quilt
Since receiving Jo Morton's latest book, Jo's Little Favorites, I have been thinking about making a miniature quilt from her book. Since Valentine's Day is tomorrow, it seemed the perfect time, to dig into my fabric stash/collection and sew sew sew.
Miniature quilts make perfect table toppers and can be so versatile in decorating. The finished size of this quilt is 18 3/4 x 18 3/4.
Here are some of the things which I learned or were reinforced to me while making this quilt.
- Cut accurately. The pieces are small, and minor mistakes quickly show
- Follow Jo's tips about pressing not ironing
- Allow the fabric to accentuate the design. Use fabric with stripes to add movement
- Add interest to the borders by making HST's
- Put on your patience hat when making miniatures
My Saturday chores are calling. The temps are low and it is cold, the daffodils are popping their heads out and I saw my first robin yesterday. Mr. Weatherman is calling for more snow tomorrow. There are other quilts in Jo's Little Favorites which have appealed to me, if the weather is frightful, maybe I will do some more digging in my fabric stash/collection and start another quilt.