Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Spring Tonic


Remember the Beverly Hillbillies?  Remember Granny Clampett believed in spring tonics?  I gave Next Year (the garden) a spring tonic and I am becoming a believer!  This is Jackmanii clematis, dozens of blooms and dozens more on the way.


Miss Oak Leaf Hydrangea is also enjoying her spring tonic (fertilizer).  She also has dozens of blooms.  The birds and bees are singing her praises.


And the yarrow, an abundance of flower heads to pick for drying and enjoying later in the season.  The daylilies are just beginning to bloom.

The kiss of the sun for pardon
The song of the birds for mirth,
One is nearer God's heart in a garden
Than any place else on earth

Dorothy Frances Gurney


8 comments:

  1. Do you have any spring tonic for me? Seems to work pretty well! You've reminded me that it is yarrow I keep forgetting to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is gorgeous! Here is another saying that I love and very fitting to your lovely blooms....

    If you feed your garden - it will feed your soul!

    Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely. I purchased some yarrow this Spring and I'm hoping it will spread. I must try to remember to pick some for drying. My clematis is just starting to bloom, but I don't think it will look anywhere near as amazing as yours Maybe I will have to start a spring tonic mixture for it. Smiles, Nan

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful garden. It is much further along than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the Beverly Hillbillies. :) Love seeing your beautiful garden!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pics from your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your gardens are enchanting. ;)
    So colorful ! There is something to be said about a "spring tonic". Maybe need to bottle that !
    Rose

    ReplyDelete