Sunday, January 24, 2021


 Let Love Rule

Modern Folk Embroidery (Jacob de ????)

Mystery Linen from Stash

Gloriana Schoolhouse Red


Lady Dot Creates (chili) 2021 is going to be the year to stitch from stash.  Like most needleworkers, I have many charts, linens, and accessories in my stash and it's past time to stitch them.


 

Tied with Heart Strings

With Thy Needle and Thread (Brenda Gervais)



My version/conversion 

One of the many things I do which drives my partner-in-stitch-crime nuts is changing colors.  I change colors for many reasons:  I don't have the called color, the color doesn't match my backing fabric or I just don't like the color.


My Dear Hearts

Blackbird Designs

32 count Aztec Red 

AVAS 


Am trying something new with this stitch.  Carol, the Saltbox Stitcher stitches the border first.  Carol says this gives her landmarks.  It also lets you know the size of the completed stitch.



Token of Love

Pineberry Lane

Am hopeful, I can finish the Blackbird piece and start this, another design patiently waiting for me.   I found some pinkish velveteen which has also been in my stash.   While I'm not a pinkish kind of girl, I think it might work for Valentine's.  






8 comments:

  1. Great Valentine stitches.
    I like your conversion.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty projects. Can you tell me the thread color that you are using on the Aztec Red linen? I have that same linen and plan on stitching Heartstring Samplery My Funny Valentine. I like the look of the floss that you are using and would like to use it on my project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many wonderful stitcheries. That heart on red linen is fantastic!!! Even though I don't stitch much, I, too, have many things I could stitch from my stash. And I could live to be 150 and never get all my hooking projects done...and that is if I never bought another. It's an addiction.
    I am actually stitching a little Valentine freebie and have Token of Love out to possibly stitch.
    Even in retirement there just are not enough hours in the day...sigh.
    Happy Sunday ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh....I love all these designs! I usually always stitch a new little tuck for Valentines Day, but haven't done one yet this year....although Lori from Notforgotten Farm offered a little freebie snowflake that I might work into in the coming weeks....although I should finish a heart project from With Thy Needle & Thread t hat I stitched several years ago already, but just never "finished" it. The BBD red heart has been on my dance card for a while now. Gah! So many fun stitches out there!! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  5. A post full of lovely, heartfelt stitching. I like your color changes, and think I would do the same, were I still stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the pretty pieces. that red Blackbird heart is one of my favorites. I also especially like the Pineberry Lane piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty stitches, Betty. The colors in the WTNT piece are so lovely.Can not wait to see your progress on your Pineberry Lane stitch. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete