Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Christmas 2020

Since 2020 has been such a different kind of year, I thought it was time to change things up. Instead of sitting on the mantel, the nutcrackers have been sitting atop the pie safe in our downstairs guest bedroom.  See the partial feather on the toy soldiers hat?  He's struggling with Covid fatigue.

One day while cleaning in the craft room, I found a paper mâché box and this fabric and thought why not.

Both AppleJack and his nephew, David lived in Washington DC for several years.  This tree is angels and White House ornaments David gifted to us.

Was thrift store shopping with a girl friend and found this.  It was a pillow, which I took apart, gave it a good bath and now makes a great table topper. 

 

Hang your stockings

Ask Santa to fill his sleigh with all the good fabric, floss, wool, and designs

And have yourself a Merry Christmas




5 comments:

  1. Everything looks wonderful! I think it was the year to do things a bit differently, I know that is what I did too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun decorations...I love your fabric covered box!! Wishing you and yours a season full of holiday joy and blessings. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home looks so warm and cozy . I love your nutcracker collection. My nutcrackers did not make it out this year ; lol they are still in lock down. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas. Melisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your angels and DC themed tree! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas even if things are a bit different for us all :)

    ReplyDelete