Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Smalls

Home
La D Da
Released as a kit Nashville Needlework Market 2018

Between the summer heat, gardening, Corona pandemic, loss of stitching mojo or maybe just life, I have been in a stitching slump.  Stitching smalls is my solution.  I love smalls.  With their pretty ribbons, backing fabrics and charms, smalls are such compliments to needlework.  When I first started stitching Home, AppleJack thought I was stitching a beer can!



Tall House
La Da Da
Released as a kit Nashville Needlework Market 2016

La D Da is one of my favorite designers, I have many favorites.  

Blue Flower Drum
La D Da
Released as a kit Nashville Needlework Market 2020

The colors Lori (La D Da) chose for this piece are so soft and delicate.

Golden Peacock Pincushion
Cardan Antiques and Needlework 2020

Carmen's finish on this piece was over the top

Pink Primrose Pin Disk
Stacy Nash Primitives 2020

Stacy's finish

See what I mean with the ribbon and pins, Stacy took a simple motif and made it into something special

Feathered Nest Pin Book
Stacy Nash Primitives 

Smalls, simple motifs, repeating patterns, hope they help me find my stitching mojo.


11 comments:

  1. All of your smalls stitching is beautiful! I hope you get your stitching mojo back. I know that feeling. The world is a strange place these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore all your smalls! For no mojo, I still think you are getting lots done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must know the smalls make my heart happy. :) Got a giggle over the can of beer comment. Blue Flower Drum has me intrigued. Interested to see how it finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stitching smalls is so very satisfying I think! The bang of a finish and the thrill of a new start. What's not to love?

    Your interest in bigger projects will come back. I think with the current environment, everyone is concentrating a little less than normal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely smalls you have worked on and finished or working on. I love stitching smalls. Probably because the walls are almost filled. I giggled over the beer can comment. Hmmm, maybe finish it as a drum with silver top and bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has just been a difficult time for so many of us. I am thankful to be retired and sort of used to just spending lots of time at home. Your smalls are delightful. I seem to be drawn to big things so I don't have to make decisions about what to do next.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think there are a good many of us who are just plain "worn down" by the distress in our country/world these days, and the hopelessness there seems to be for the future some days. Anywho...your stitches are wonderful. I agree with Lauren...you seem to be very prolific despite your missing mojo. Most stitching I do is of smalls (lack of wall space mostly...but I agree there is so much variety with fun finishes and embellishments). It's a bit ironic, though, that it ultimately takes me more time to "finish" finish smalls than large pieces. I really like feathered nest pin book from Stacy....I have not seen that yet and am anxious to see how it finishes up. Stay well ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have lost my stitching mojo many times in the past, I am sure you will be back to full speed soon.
    All your designs are lovely.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are all beautiful stitches!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful smalls! I have the La D Da Drum and the Stacy Nash Pin Disk too... you've inspired me to get stitching on them! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these smalls! Never saw that peacock design.

    ReplyDelete