Faye (Carolina Stitcher) and Nicole (Nicole Needleworks) have an interesting approach to Maynia, they are calling it Make Do. Over 70 years ago, Americans were encouraged to be frugal to help the war effort. Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without was used as a rallying cry for frugality. Lynette and her Frugal Yankee retreat would like this idea. Faye and Nicole are selecting designs, linen, and fibers which they have in their stash instead of acquiring more. Great idea girls, Grandmother Rebecca and Mother Dorothy highly approve.
To spread the excitement and enjoyment of Stitch Maynia 2019 or Stitch Nine Challenge, I decided to spread the love and include WIP's, quilting, hooking, punching, stitching and finishing. Nicole is spreading her love by starting a new project every other day and working on a new start for two days.
My limited approach to Stitch Maynia 2019 or Stitch Nine Challenge
Memorial Star is all ready to go. Most of the wool came from my stash. The design has been in my stash a few years. Thanks to Liseanne and Ron Miller and the Beat the Heat and March Madness events, I found the needed background wool.
WIP's, FFO's and new stitching starts:
Ssssshhhh, if I had the courage to start 19 new projects here is what they would be:
- Shakespeare's Peddler (Theresa Vennette) Jenny Bean for the Parlor
- Flag Folk by Notforgotten Farm (Lori Brechlin)
- Spring Garden Needlework Trio by Blackberry Rabbit (Karen Kirk)
- Summer in Baltimore With Thy Needle and Thread (Brenda Gervais)
- Horse Country Holiday Artful Offerings (Karina McMillan Hittle)
- Kringle & Woolard Plum Street Samplers (Paulette Stewart)
- Coverlet Christmas Scarlet House (Tanya Brockmeyer)
- Sarah's House sampler Blackbird Designs (Barb and Alma)
- Anna Grater 1812 Scarlet House (Tanya Brockmeyer)
- Sally Spencer Birds of a Feather
- Sunday Social punch needle (Shawn Williams)
- Ann Wright 1726 Pinkeep Drum Samplers Not Forgotten (Kimberly Nugget)
- Garden Birds La D Da (Lori Markovic)
- Sister Suffragette Summer House (Beth Seal)
- Julia Fletcher 1847 Scarlet House (Tanya Brockmeyer)
- Baby It's Cold Outside Heartstring Samplery (Beth Twist)
- Pomegranate Pocket Hands on Design (Kathy Haberman)
- Homestead Snapperville Bent Creek
- My Home Needlework Press (Vickie LoPiccolo Jennett and Maegan Jennett)
It was a fun visit through my stash. Whatever your plans are for Stitch Maynia 2019--enjoy, have fun.