Sunday, October 15, 2017

M Quertier 1799 (the continued saga)

M. Quertier 1799
Ackworth School
Scarlet Letter
mystery stash linen (lambswool?) 36 count
Gloriana India ink
Estimated finished size 18 1/4" x 11"


Am still stitching on the Quaker Sampler.  Three of the inner motifs and the outline of some of the half medallions have been stitched since you last saw M. Quertier.  

Here is what she looked like before the addition of the three inner motifs and the outline of the half medallions in the outer border.  Gosh, does lighting ever factor into photography.  

Swan Medallion

I think the inner medallions are what attracted me to this sampler--they are all so different.

M. stitched the date into her sample three different times.  Wonder if M. and her school mates were as apprehensive about entering a new century as we were when we changed from 1999 to 2000?

One more inner motif and two outer motifs and fill in on six other motifs and M. will be off to the framers.  Do I see the light at the end of the tunnel a finish before years end?

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful piece of stitchery! I am really impressed with your patience and the quality of your work. Have you had to do any "unstitching" on this or has it all gone smoothly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have complete faith in you. Sometimes a needle full a day is all that’s required. But, girl, you are so close! She’s beautiful. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous and it isn't finished yet. I am here cheering you on to a finish before the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GO Betty, GO Betty ! you can do it ! the divine Miss M is gorgeous ! Wish I had time to get to some of my Quaker girls - I do love them so. Mel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness you have made great progress.
    It is stunning.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the style of this Sampler. The designs are wonderful and your hand work is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is a beauty! She's been on my to-stitch list for ages.

    ReplyDelete