Monday, January 11, 2021

Winter Decorating


 Christmas 2020 has been safely and lovingly packed away.  Stitching for Christmas 2021 has begun (the Noel sampler by With Thy Needle and Thread).  Decorating after Christmas can be a challenge.  Do I decorate for Winter? President's Day or Valentine's?  I choose all three.


It seldom snows in Nashville.  I do enjoy allowing the snowmen to stay out until Spring to remind me it is winter.  We have had some cooler temps so I don't need much reminding.  The snowmen are sitting on my save-the-stitches cathedral window quilt.  While soiled when I purchased, a good soaking in Dawn brightened it as fresh as new.

I love adding a stitched Valentine to the dough bowl.  AppleJack thought he was pretty special to have a handmade Valentine instead of a store bought Valentine. 


This year's Valentine will be Let Love Rule from Modern Folk Embroidery.  Jacob de Graef is a new to me designer and his designs are singing to my heart.  With some backing from Lady Dot Creates and School house red from Gloriana I think this will make a nice Valentine addition.  




Add some red, white and blue for President's Day.  History has always been a favorite subject for me.  Living history (pandemic, Christmas morning bombing, politics) has taught me about the sacrifices my family and the thousands of families have made for me to enjoy the freedoms I have. Let us look for the good, practice kindness and forgiveness.










8 comments:

  1. A post full of beautiful creations and thoughts. Thanks for sharing them with us. I need to get Christmas down and get out the snowmen and hearts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you, kindness is on the wayside for now I hope people see a change soon, it is sad how angry people are nowadays.
    You have some lovely designs to share with us, I too keep my snowmen out for winter.
    Beautiful Valentine display.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your snowmen are delightful! I love the valentine smalls. I am thinking about doing a few. Yes, we need kindness so badly now. My DD and I disagree totally on politics but we just choose to not talk about it and we get along very well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of your decorations.
    I am partial to Snowmen, love them!
    That's cute Valentine design by Jacob.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your winter decorations.
    WOW that you are starting Christmas 2021. That is a wonderful sampler!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Winter decor and that new Valentine too. Will need to check out that designer. I decorate for Winter too. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful combination of fun creations... I love stitching Valentine tucks...usually do one every year, but not this year. My winter decorating is a mishmash...left over Christmas (the little I did put up is still up), a stray Halloween piece or two (oops), some hearts, and that's about it. Mother Nature usually handles the "winter" thing all too handily around here. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful post, Betty and I love the idea of decorating for all three. Your displays are so pretty and inspiring and love the Valentine stitch that you are fixing to start. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete