Thursday, September 28, 2023

Are you a Blockhead?


A few years ago, maybe five, Moda started a program called Blockheads.  Each week a Moda fabric designer would design a block and feature his/her fabric.  (Sure hope I’m being factual here)



Last week a blockhead showcasing Betsy Chutchian popped up on my Instagram feed.  I thought her fabric and design were very pretty.



I started studying the block design closer and realized the block was made from HST’s and squares.   Ahh, my skill level.



Off I dashed to fabric stash and quilting supplies.  Concentration is required to make the block, think I counted 64 pieces.  Requires brain cells to make sure all those pieces and parts are moving in the right direction.


It’s been great fun digging into the fabric stash and seeing which fabrics play nicely with each other.  I’m thinking 24 blocks with sashings and borders will make a nice sized quilt.  


7 comments:

  1. What a fun quilt block. It is amazing they can keep coming up with new blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your block is so pretty in blue. I made the first block of Blockheads 5, the label one. I can use it on any quilt but it won't be the Blockheads 5 quilt because I quit after the first block. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue is one of my fav colors. Love your blue block. Wish I knew how to quilt. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty blocks! Love the blue one especially! If I were a quilter, I would definitely be a blockhead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a blockhead, but not in the way that you are referring :) I believe it to be a nice program that Moda does. I have saved all the Blockhead patterns, but I've sadly sort of lost my quilting bug. Your blocks are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty blocks...but anything quilting these days is beyond my skill level. Not that I ever was much of a quilter, but what little knowledge I did have has dissipated into thin air. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have only made a couple of blocks from the first year, but eventually gave them away when I couldn't keep up. It has been fun to watch others create the designs. I really like the blocks you have made here. I like them all, but that last one really has dimension.

    ReplyDelete