Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Catching Up

Well, where have I been?  Yes, it has been almost two months  since I updated this poor neglected blog.  No, I have not given up on blogging and yes, I do intend to be more diligent with updates.  I wish I could say I had been on sabbatical, or an exotic vacation, or had completed a gazillion projects or aliens had captured me and I just returned to earth, but I can't say any of these things.  So, what I have I been doing?  I'm in summer mode:  reading, pulling weeds, walking, eating summer foods, watching Flosstube being enabled.  Sometimes I stitch or enhance my stash.

The Old Tattered Flag
Skinny Saltbox
Stash Floss (and lots of it)

Blackbird Designs
Home for the Holidays Book
My Heart is at Home

Grrr. My camera and computer are not playing nice with each other and I couldn't get the completed piece to download.  I have been hoarding some French General fabric for the backing.

Kathy Barrick
Good Intentions

Needs a few more stitches and then she is off to the framer.  This is one of my favorite verses.

Sister Suffragatte
USA Vote Button
Summer House Stitche Works

Finished in time to wear for the 100 year celebration of women gaining the right to vote.  Thank you Harry Burn for casting that deciding vote.  Since Tennessee was the state who ratified the 19th amendment, I am hoping there will be a special celebration at the Capital--I might sneak away from work and join in the celebration.

Julie Ann Shults (Julia Fletcher)
The Scarlett House
40 ct linen by The Primitive Hare
India ink by Gloriana

The Scarlett House released Julia Fletcher at market and I fell hard for her.  When completed, there is a needleroll, a pin cushion and scissors fob which fit into this LeHays Shaker tray.  Julia Ann Shults is part of my family tree.  The spool came from my Grandmothers sewing box.

It takes many many squares to make a queen size quilt and I have many many squares to sew.

In All Things Be Exceedingly Diligent
Needlework Press
Legacy Sotema Linen 37 count Russian Tea cake

This seemed like a good companion piece to Good Intentions.  Gosh, has there been a great deal of promotion about the Legacy linens.  I will admit the linen has a beautiful feel to it.  The Diligence sampler is wider than it is taller and looking forward to adding variety to my sampler wall.

Stash enhancement
Does anyone else struggle with the color red?  There are orange reds, pink reds, blue reds.  The linen is a sampler pack sold through Needle in a Haystack--it was a great sampling of colors of the Legacy linens.  Little House Needleworks released a sweet piece called Suffrage Act, will add a nice patriotic touch.  

I'm sending virtual flowers to our stitching sister Faye Riggsbee, Carolina Stitcher.  Faye fell breaking her arm and elbow and is recovering from surgery.  I am very fortunate to have one of Faye's beautiful stitching rolls and bags.  Faye was wise enough to instruct her surgeon to install a turbo stitching arm!  Rest, heal, recover and come back strong!

July brings a special gathering for the Homespun Group--a box exchange!  Looking forward to seeing all the creative pieces.  July brings a big birthday for me and AppleJack has been working on some sweet secret gifts.


7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a beautiful post, I am loving all your projects.
    I love seeing what stash enhancement everyone has, I do love red but am like you I struggle with the color, some even look like they have a greenish tint to them.
    I hope your week is going well.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything you're working on, especially the Diligent sampler3> Red floss, yes, I am hung up on choosing the right red for a sampler. I see a red I like then I spy something else! First world stitcher problems! That will be a gorgeous quilt. Sad to hear about Faye. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking of you the other day and meant to send you an email to check. Glad to see your newsy blog post. The oak leaf hydrangea is one of my favorites. I really should get one. So many great things you've accumulated and are working on. I also succumbed to the Legacy linen in 37ct but I've used Legacy in 30 and 34 ct many times before so I knew the quality. I still love a pretty hand dyed linen so I hope they don't become harder and harder to get such as it seems right now. Can't comment on each piece you've shown but thanks for coming around and showing them. I hope you come again soon and do plan a big birthday bash for July. Just celebrate all month long ! Mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful catch up post! Lots of things to look at and be inspired by! What pretty linens you picked up! Have a wonderful birthday month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are working on some wonderful projects. I especially love the Diligent Sampler. I have not tried that linen, maybe I need to add some to my stash! I do like to stitch on 36 count so 37 should be fine for my Old eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks wonderful! You've been busy! I've been out of the stitching loop, so barely heard about the Legacy Linen. I'm curious about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. From one “behind” blogger to another, I get it. And I am behinder than you...but trust me, I won’t have one one hundredths of the projects to share when I finally do manage to do a post LOL. You are one busy bee...and I love everything I see! I am especially curious to see the companion piece finishes for Julie Ann... I would so love to find a family stitch connection. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete