Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Christmas Preparations

Christmas is coming, the geese are getting fat
Please put a penny in the old man's hat
If you haven't got a penny, a ha'penny will do
If you haven't got a penny, then God bless you

The time between Thanksgiving and Christmas seems to move at mock speed.  There are parties, dinners, shopping, decorating, wrapping, gift exchanging.  If I am not careful all this can put me into a bah humbug mood and I end up like Scrooge!

Secret weapons for warding off Scrooge
Hot Chocolate or hot caramel apple cider
Music:  Il Divo Christmas, Harry Connick, Jr
Stop Top Potpourri (1/2 cup fresh cranberries, 1 orange slices, 4 cinnamon sticks broken in half, 1 tablespoons cloves, 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg and 2-3 cups water)
Sleeping under a Christmas quilt
Reading/looking at Christmas books
Laughing at the Griswold's in Christmas Vacation

It is hard to be grumpy with hot chocolate or warm cider in my tummy.  The house smells and sounds like Christmas with simmering potpourri and Silent Night softly playing.

Clark Griswold says:  we are going to have the happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny Kaye.

It's beginning to look at lot like Christmas

11 comments:

  1. I want to come to your house and enjoy the Christmas atmosphere. Looks and sounds delightful.
    Haven't have a chance to do a thing for Christmas yet here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved hearing all your news tonight when I caught up on blog reading. The quilt show and history of Franklin Tn. was very interesting and quilts gorgeous. Such talent! I always enjoy seeing and hearing about the needlework of your group. Some lovely things indeed. I'm definitely going to make that potpourri - I have my needlework group coming for an afternoon just before Christmas - sounds like it will sufficiently season the house with Christmas cheer. The apple caramel cider sounds good - never made that before. Hope your Christmastime is as lovely as it can be - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like this time of year so the faster it goes, the better. My DH passed away 5 yrs ago so this is the 5th yr without him. I start getting bummed about it in Sept. I don't do much decorating and give the kids/DGD cash so no wrapping or shopping required. Can't wait til Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a new puppy in the house, so no decorations so far, and there may not be any this year. He chewed up my DH's (cheap) reading glasses tonight - sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I'm in the Spirit now!
    oh, and that little basket tree!!!!!!!!
    Merry Christmas to you & yours ~
    L

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many wonderful thoughts and ideas to keep anyone in the Christmas spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for inviting us into your beautiful home, Betty. I had a lovely time. It was the best hot chocolate I had all day. I just might need to start adding more nutcrackers to my home. This weakness of mine for them just might be from my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this time of year, its the smells and sounds that bring such memories even of the ones that have passed on, I love all your decorations, your basket tree has to be my favorite, it is adorable.
    I love hot chocolate, it reminds me of being young and getting hot chocolate for Christmas morning.

    Merry Christmas
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun post. Your decorations are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I very much like your pattern it's beautiful,thank for sharing good i dea !

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete